As a healthcare provider you may have patients in need of treatment or referral for addiction dependency. Here are some resources to assist you.
- An interactive map showing links and contact information for counseling and treatment centers in Virginia is available at Sink or Swim, a collaborative website from the Office of the Attorney General, Gloucester County and DL Media.
- Virginia Medicaid’s Addiction & Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) benefit provides treatment for those with substance use disorders across the state and also expands access to a comprehensive continuum of addiction treatment services for all citizens enrolled in Medicaid, FAMIS, FAMIS MOMS and the Governor’s Access Plan (GAP).
- SAMSA also offers an online treatment locator.
- The American Society of Addiction Medicine offers a wealth of resources and information on addiction, including CME opportunities and educational resources and the National Practice Guideline for the Use of Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use.
- The Providers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies (PCSS-O)has a number of CME modules on the treatment of addiction.
- SAMHSA also has a number of mobile apps designed to provide instant, and vital information on medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder.
- The CDC has a Pocket Guide: Tapering Opioids for Chronic Pain
- SAMHSA’s MATx Mobile App was designed to support medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder. The user-friendly app includes federally approved treatment approaches; a buprenorphine prescribing guide; treatment guidelines; and access to critical helplines and SAMHSA’s treatment locators.